Havyn has always been in love with baby dolls! When she gets the choice to pick a toy at the store, I'm not sure she has ever picked anything other than a doll. She is quite the little mother and we usually can't leave home without one of her babies. We are lucky when we leave the house with just her doll and not the stroller, car seat, and all the accessories. She does look pretty cute walking around the mall pushing her little doll stroller though....she gets lots of smiles!
Although, she loves the dolls - she hates them to have clothes on. She removes the clothes the minute you put them on. She obviously isn't concerned about her babies' modesty but she is very concerned about their hygiene. She uses whatever she can as diapers. Usually she uses my dish rags or old baby burp cloths....but she will use whatever she can find. I decided for one of her Christmas gifts that I would make her some little diapers for her dolls. I found a little pattern online and whipped some up today. She also likes her babies to be wrapped in blankets but she gets very frustrated when they don't stay on. So I decided to remedy that problem as well. I made these little blankets with hoods and put a small piece of Velcro to keep it in place.
If anyone needs doll diapers of their own :) I found the template on this website, http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/a-doll-diaper-pattern. It was very easy. I did downsize the pattern I used to fit the dolls we had. I also added a little elastic to the legs inside before I turned them the right way, just to make them fit better.


7 years ago


3 comments:
You're a good mom, Amber. That is beyond the call.
You are so crafty. Havyn is going to love them. So where was Hayvn during the making of all this?
What a great idea. I'm going to steal it for Carlee's babies! They turned out so cute.
Post a Comment