So, as you all know.....Hawaii had a tsunami warning a few days ago. We were woken up very early by our Bishop who had called to tell us that there was a tsunami on the way (He called everyone in the Ward by himself...is that dedication or what?) He told us that we needed to get up, check the news and make sure we were prepared. Not long after we received some phone calls from family members checking on us and a call from some friends wondering if they could join us at our home on the hill :) Of course, we were happy to have company! We called a few more friends whose homes are near sea level and the evacuation area and invited them up. We had been wanting to get together for quite some time, but with everyone's busy schedules it just hadn't happened....I guess it takes a natural disaster warning to clear our calendars and get us all together! We played some games, ate some food, watched the news and held our breath. After all the preparations and worrying, the tsunami came and went without any reports of damage.
7 years ago


1 comments:
I'm so glad it turned out to be nothing. When I checked my email on Saturday morning and saw the tsunami warning I freaked out and then I had to wait a few hours to call. I didn't think you would appreciate a call at 5:00 am. But it sounds like you were already up. Anyway, we're glad everyone is okay. So scary. We love you guys.
Post a Comment