Last night we attended the 99th Army Dental Corps Birthday Ball at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. We don't usually attend these every year - neither Steve or I care for dancing or formals - but we got roped into going this year. It is always a chore finding a dress that works for those of us that are LDS. I found my dress at Ross :), I ended up taking it up a couple of inches and taking it in on both sides - after all my alterations it was pretty comfortable. We arrived at the Royal Hawaiian to find a beautiful double rainbow overlooking Waikiki. We socialized for a while, had dinner and desert, listened to speakers, watched the entertainment (belly dancing...I thought for the occasion something a little classier would have been more appropriate - we are in Hawaii, why not Hula dancing or something) and as soon as the dancing started....we headed for the door. It is always nice getting out with my handsome husband, even if it has to be at a Ball.
7 years ago


4 comments:
This post made me smile, because we're not really ball people either! Mike has made it his personal goal to never buy class A's. so far so good! Also that picture of Waikiki is great, and you look classy and elegant, unlike that lovely belly dancer!
Amber...you look gorgeous...and steve certainly looks handsome. I love the dresses you just made Havyn too! so stinkin' cute. Miss you guys but it looks like you guys are having as much fun as possible
Wow you look great! Looks like you guys had fun- cant wait to see you guys in June!
You guys clean up nice! Dress turned out great, and I'm sure it was a pleasure to return to the Royal Hawaiian without being the "volunteer help."
Post a Comment