So...yes, today was another birthday. Cole and Havyn are born one day apart. It always makes for a hectic few days, but we did our best to celebrate two days in a row. I guess it all started last night - I let Cole open his gifts last night because we had such an early, busy morning planned. He was excited and happy with what he got. He is still at the age where he is easy to shop for.
We started his actual birthday off by attending the opening ceremony for Cole's little league team. It was quite the ceremony - introduction of teams, speech by the mayor of Honolulu, national anthem by the Marine Corps, Take Me Out to the Ballgame song, and first pitch thrown out by an Umpire who has been with the league for over 40 years. After the ceremony, Cole had his first game. The team (Brewers) did a great job. Cole scored a run by stealing home and sliding into home plate. We ended up losing 7 to 9, but it was a good game. All activities in Hawaii are followed by some kind of food - today we had a potluck with all 3 Brewers teams (Minor A, Minor B, and majors). There was lots of food! Cole's team sang him Happy Birthday and I wasn't prepared with my camera.
Later in the afternoon we went to Tiki Island, where we rode the bumper boats and played a round of mini golf. We then made our way to Bob's Pizzeria (Yum), we always love eating there. To finish off the night, we sang Happy Birthday to Cole and then enjoyed his ice cream sandwich cake (he decided he wanted ice cream sandwiches instead of cake). I can't believe how quickly Cole is growing up! It seems like only a few years ago that he was toddling around - how time flies. Happy Birthday Bud!
7 years ago


2 comments:
Another fun day! I was just telling Javan it has been 1 1/2 years since I have seen you guys. It's so sad. The kids are getting toooooo big without me. Can you move home? HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE! WE LOVE YOU!
Birthday in Paradise. Sounds good to me. I love the cake!
Post a Comment