Saturday, September 5, 2009

Olomana Hike

We ventured out on a new hike today. Supposedly it is 3 miles round trip (but we all concur that it felt much longer). It was a great hike with amazing views. There were quite a few areas that were pretty intense, but the kids were troopers and we all came home safe...but man are my legs tired! I love pictures and I can't seem to narrow them down when I sit down to blog....so you get to see lots of them. Enjoy!


Yes, that would be the peak to which we are hiking!

Oh man we still have so far to go!

Still smiling
This shows how steep some of the areas were
Love the banyan trees
We got a little side tracked playing on the vines

One of the areas that probably wasn't the best for kids :)
This is a video showing one of the steep areas, this wasn't the steepest though

Just a gorgeous shot
Finally at the top! I included this one because I think Havyn has the pose down

Views of Kailua and Enchanted Lake area

We had some snacks, re-energized, and are on our way back down.

2 comments:

Cha Cha said...

Looks like another treacherous endeavor...ropes, that's new! Good to know what that peak's name is.

Erin said...

I think I say this everytime you do something, but seriously, you guys are so lucky to be doing all this fun stuff together as a family. Lots of fun memories. You're kids are dang tough, good hikers. Looks awesome!