Friday, January 1, 2010

Bamboo Forest With the Speakmans

The Speakmans invited us to join them on a hike through a bamboo forest. We love doing things with other families, the kids are so much happier. It was a beautiful, wet, muddy hike with lots of mosquitos - that is how all the hikes here are :). It was a bonus to come upon a beautiful waterfall (my favorite). It starting raining pretty good about 30 minutes into the hike. The trees were pretty thick so you didn't get too wet. All the kids created umbrellas out of leaves, they are such geniuses. Thanks for the invite Speakmans. (My camera has been struggling lately, I'm not sure what the issue is, but the pics are quite grainy)

Havyn and Naomi bamboo climbing
Cole and Teague (hard to get these two to stand still for 3 seconds for a photo)
Joey, Havyn and I at the top of the falls (we are those tiny spots)The kids with their umbrellasThis log was about to fall on Joey, don't worry I saved her life!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I don't doubt you would be able to lift that tree in real life. Javan is still talking about how you man handled that entertainment center. Looks like yet another great hike.