While driving today to the beach we passed along a stretch of road that had about 100 yards of signs like this one
It frustrated and angered me that people are so ungrateful. There are so many people who have lost their lives in the pursuit of freedom. Our neighbor was recently killed in Afghanistan and I am so grateful for the sacrifice that others have made so that I can live in this awesome country. These people are truly heroes.
I love this country and I am so proud to be an American. Having my husband deploy to Iraq for 13 months changed me as a person. I was always grateful to live in America, but I never appreciated it fully. I can no longer sing patriotic songs, watch slide shows, or tributes to our country without becoming teary eyed. When the soldiers pass during the 4th of July parades carrying the flag I get choked up. I am sorry that it took a deployment by my husband for me to realize how lucky I am. I am so proud to be married to someone who is so selfless and who would do anything for his country!


I love the 4th of July. It is a time when patriotism is at a high...and I love it! I hope we can all stand tall tomorrow and remember the sarifice of so many! Happy 4th of July!
7 years ago


4 comments:
That was awesome sis! -Nate-
Are you trying to make me cry too? I'm ticked about those signs, I can't believe they would put that up, expecially with all the millitary that's there. It's so disrespectful. Hope you guys had a good day, we missed you.
I second your sentiments. Well said. :)
Great post! Thanks to both of you for your sacrifice. Hope you guys had a great 4th!
Post a Comment