Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dream Job???

We were driving home from baseball the other night when Cole started this conversation:

Cole: "Mom, I know what job I want to do when I grow up."

Amber: "Really what is it?"

Cole: "I want to be one of those guys who has the pitchfork things and walks around picking up garbage."

I couldn't help it, I laughed....I explained to him that the people he sees in orange jumpsuits, doing his dream job, are actually prisoners who don't really have a choice. I tried to make him feel better after my laughing and told him that it is great to pick up garbage, and that would probably be a great service project. If this is still Cole's dream job, it shouldn't be hard to fulfill.

7 comments:

Erin said...

That's so funny. I wonder what appeals so much to him about picking up garbage. Maybe just the stabbing thing. I know that's what Ethan would like about it.

Halls Family said...

Awesome! My neighbor, age 9, said he was definitely going to college because if he didn't, he'd have a stinky job like cleaning portable toilets. "Because that's what my mom said will happen if I don't go to college." (His dad is a doctor) I like to fill my kids' brains with threats like that so they are scared into furthering their education!:) If Cole wants to pick up garbage though, that's awesome. We'd have a much cleaner place to live.

Kimberli said...

Ha, ha, ha! Best of luck, Cole!

Andrea said...

If cole wants some on the job training he can come to my house and pick up in the yard! I love it. He is going to get a good laugh about that one when he is older.

Swasey Times said...

What a cutie! It must be the name. Most things that come out of my Cole's mouth, make me laugh.

Kelli said...

You might not want to tell cole this, but for a Young Women's activity,(or maybe I was wearing a orange jumpsuit- I can't remember) We adopted a highway and we found a $100 bill, so he could make a good living potentially.

Kamaile said...

I don't know how I came across now, but I laughed so hard. It reminded me of my younger sister Amber and younger brother Cameron. They were talking one day and them decided to announce that they knew what they were going to do when they got older. Of course we all wanted to know, but when they told us I think my mom was the only one who laughed (at the time). "We want to be garbage men!", my older brother and I thought it would be cool to ride on the back of the truck too until my mom (after she stoped laughing) explained what that entailed. Oh well! Kids are too cute.