Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bump, Set, Spike!

Taylor and Madison started a volleyball league on the Marine Corps Base about a month ago. The league they are in has girls ages 11-14. Taylor, Madison and one other girl are the youngest players, they don't turn 11 until May. It has been so much fun watching them improve each week. The coach is intense....and I love it! The past two Marine Corp papers have had pictures of the girls in them, last week the journalist interviewed Taylor, Madison and me. I guess this is our claim to fame! The title of the article comes directly from my quote.....I'm not getting a big head or anything. :) The first two pictures are from the paper. If you want to read the article you will have to click on it.


4 comments:

Erin said...

Man, you guys are famous. Actually I have seen quite a few newspaper articles with you all in them. Way to go girls. Make your mom proud!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Wow... the volleyball opportunities for your girls are fantastic! It is amazing what being on a sports team does for kids as they are growing up. I know it helped me in so many ways growing up. I can't believe you have kids old enough to be in such a league. They grow up so fast.

Adalia said...

The girls are so big now- WOW!! That is so awesome guys!!

Andrea said...

Way to go girls!!! I am not surprised that the girls are good. They just take after their mom-- and their aunt..hee hee.