Having Cole get ready for church is always a huge chore! It seems like I have to tell him 20 times to get dressed before he actually does it. Steve was at a conference this week so it was just me getting the kids ready. (it is normally just me anyway :)) After many times of yelling at Cole to get ready we ran out the door and made it to church a few minutes before it started.
I was sitting on the bench during the sacrament when I look over and see that Cole is wearing his shirt inside out. It didn't look too bad except that the tag was right there on the back for the world to see. When the sacrament was over I told him to run to the bathroom and get it put on the right way. He took the run part literally....he ran to the bathroom.
A few minutes later I see Cole returning....as he rounds the bench I see that he now has his shirt the right way but his buttons are mismatched (by two buttons) and one side is hanging down about 12 inches lower than the other. I lowered my head in embarrassment and frustration and just said "bud look at your shirt." He calmly said "oops," and sat down. He had no intention of fixing it. So casually we unbuttoned one button at a time and got him all straightened out. I'm sure the people who sat behind us got a good laugh!
7 years ago


5 comments:
Yeah, that sounds about right for boys. It's like that at our house on Sundays X2.
That is so funny. Why can't kids listen and obey? I was hoping that it got better as they got older. Oh, the frustration.
Hi Jensens, It sure looks like you guys are loving Hawaii. Caden sure does miss Cole. In fact he was so upset that the sunglasses he got at Coles birthday party broke. We miss you.
LOVE IT! Some days are just like that, especially Sundays! I always think that the older kids should be the easy ones, but it is much easier getting the younger kids ready because I can still control what they wear and how they look.
I can picture it now!! It always happens when the husband is gone doesn't it. It's the missing set of eyes that gets us every time!!!
Post a Comment