Monday, January 10, 2011

Kuliouou Ridge Trail

We went on a gorgeous hike this past weekend. Every weekend Havyn asks if we can go for a hike. She loves hiking, but spends quite a bit of the time on Steve's shoulders. This hike was 5 miles round trip and was quite an incline, but once on top of the ridge you get gorgeous 300 (about) degree views. This trail ranks in my top 3 favorites.

Cole hiking up an incline - roots made for good steps
Taylor in root doorway
Kids on an overlook
View of the Hawaii kai side
Steve, Havyn and Taylor climbing and climbing and climbing
Waimanalo side
Waimanalo/Lanikai view
Kids hanging off the edge (not really there was another shelf below them)
Stairway along the ridge
So strong!


1 comments:

Melissa said...

So I guess I'm stalking you now ;) I love blogging and loving going through yours and getting to know your little family a little more. I'll send you mine if you like reading others.

This area of your hikes looks truly amazing! I feel sad for you when I see these pictures of your family in Hawaii because I'm sure you miss it SO bad!! I have similar feelings when I see pics of friends in FL, etc.

We need to get the girls together soon to ride bikes...I'm sure they would love it! Maybe when school ends?